Friday, January 13, 2023

Dry Skin on Baby's Head - Unwanted Touch Conflict

 

 
Written in 2014: The peels on the baby and toddler's scalp - seborrheic dermatitis I think it's called - our baby made those yellowish and thick like scales patches of dry skin, at first a few months after birth and then periodically - I cleaned them with olive oil and a comb because that's all I knew at the time and that's what my family doctor and friends with older children advised me. However, they reappeared and for the baby the cleaning was unpleasant because they had to be soaked with oil to make them moist, the baby had to be chased around the house to scratch the scalp with the comb and then washed to remove the oil. Horror. Not to mention he hated washing his head and hair. Nobody knew the cause but only the temporary solution.

In addition, they were not localized on the whole head but on the crest and right temple. None on the other sides of the head.

Then I came across New German Medicine and it explained what was going on with the baby.
Specifically: at birth (caesarean section), the baby was taken by the head by the doctor, then separated from me for hours. The unwanted touch on his head caused him to "build" a protective barrier. As long as he didn't get over the trauma, those yellowish peels kept appearing no matter how well we cleaned them.

I then read about talks with the child's soul during sleep, talks where you explain why you acted in a certain way, why what happened had happened, where were you wrong as a parent, and so on. Discussions as between adults, clear, simple, serious. Asking for forgiveness where necessary.

I tried sleep talking myself about 3 months ago with the baby. I told him about the day he was born, what it was like, why we made the choices we did, how we felt as parents, how much we cared about him and how much we waited and enjoyed him. The result - 2 months ago those peels that we never removed at all, although they are a bit unsightly, started to dry up and fall off by themselves - big chunks, bigger than dandruff, even 2-3 millimeters. In 2 months, about half of them have fallen off. Otherwise I don't do anything to them, I just wash his head normally. Voila! The baby starts to get over the conflict and things slowly get better.

Thank you, Dr. Hamer!

No comments:

Post a Comment